About Me

My photo
The stories here change from time to time. Please return to visit often!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Writing Flawed Characters

PLEASE NOTE: I am running my first-ever contest. To learn more, click on the little blue "Contest" tag at right. This is the final week, so hurry and climb aboard!


This week we're looking at how to write characters with realistic human flaws. Author Sydney Katt (who claims he writes "about murder and mayhem so you don't have to!) has written a nice blog on creating flawed characters, which may not be quite the same thing, but it's certainly worth a look.

I've written a little about the human flaws I've allowed in my otherwise perfect characters. Now I'm enjoying Sydney Katt's flawed folk, especially his description of the impatient character: I KNOW that guy!

Have fun as you consider how to write and exploit the flaws in your characters that will make them seem more real -- and as Sydney says, less boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions, complaints or compliments. We're all reading and writing together.