About Me

My photo
The stories here change from time to time. Please return to visit often!

Friday, June 17, 2011

My Gratitude Journal: My Sister!

Today I am thankful for Pat, my sister, whose birthday this is.

One of my dearest friends since birth, Patricia is also a faithful reader (every book I've ever written, in addition to the ones I've published), a confidant and companion. I love her dearly and can't thank her enough.

One writing project for the coming year is my first historical novel. Set in Renaissance Florence, this book is requiring a great deal of research, both in the books and on the ground.

Yes, I know: Studying in Florence is a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. Let me tell you what a great siser I have: She has volunteered to go with me! Yes, really.

Early next spring, Pat and I will go aloft in a big silver bird only to land in Firenze. There I will run my legs off for nearly three weeks, learning all I can about Renaissance art and architecture and the life of Lorenzo de Medici.

And my sister will be right there with me. Do I have a great sis or what? ;-D Happy birthday, Patricia!


Do you have someone who acts as the wind beneath your wings? I invite you to share your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions, complaints or compliments. We're all reading and writing together.