About Me

My photo
The stories here change from time to time. Please return to visit often!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tamales - Yum!

Like my mother before me, I'm a native Arizonan. Dad grew up in New Mexico. Both of them learned all about chili and la comida autentica at early ages and I learned it at my mother's knee.

Tonight a friend served us real, homemade beef tamales. She had made a few small tweaks in the traditional recipe for health's sake (no five pounds of lard here, please!), but the taste was muy autentica and absolutely marvelous.

When it comes to Mexican cooking, there is nothing like the real thing -- red chilis and all. Yum indeed!

What's even better, Dolly (the friend) taught us how to make them. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave enough to try them myself. If you're near enough to smell the goodness from my kitchen, tune your nose to the tamale channel and you'll know when to drop by.


Do you have a favorite ethnic cuisine that fuels your creative juices? Share it with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions, complaints or compliments. We're all reading and writing together.