About Me

My photo
The stories here change from time to time. Please return to visit often!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

10 Rules for Writing Fiction

PLEASE NOTE: I am running my first-ever contest. To learn more, click on the little blue "Contest" tag at right. Welcome! Now, tell your friends.


Since this is "Rules" week, let me refer you to a great blog I recently found.

What do P.D. James, Margaret Atwood, Jonathan Franzen and Leonard Elmore all have in common? They, along with many other novelists, have created their own "rules for writing fiction" and have left these lists all in one place, the web site belonging to UK's Guardian.

Although I personally cannot advocate all of these rules, I believe you will find them entertaining and perhaps, even helpful. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions, complaints or compliments. We're all reading and writing together.