About Me

My photo
The stories here change from time to time. Please return to visit often!

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Gratitude Journal: Writing Friends

Today I'm expressing my appreciation to all my writer friends. I've learned so much from so many of you. I've enjoyed your books, benefited from your wisdom, learned from your friendship, and improved from your advice.

Debbie Macomber taught me how to write stories that touch the heart without worrying about editors' preference for high levels of sensuality.

Nora Roberts has taught me so much about work ethic and has shown me that a writer can be wildly prolific without repeating herself.

Elana Johnson has offered plentiful advice about the writing business. (And here's a great place to mention that her Y.A. dystopian novel, POSSESSION, will be available in just a few days!)

And these are just a few of the many whose wisdom has benefited me so much. Thanks to you all for all you've shared. May the muses be with you always.


Is there a writer who has inspired you? Please share.

1 comment:

  1. Mary Higgins Clark really inspired me when I read her memoir: Kitchen Privileges

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions, complaints or compliments. We're all reading and writing together.