About Me

My photo
The stories here change from time to time. Please return to visit often!

Friday, May 20, 2011

My Gratitude Journal: Family

Every Friday I try to blog about the blessings that make me most grateful for the creative life. Today I'm thankful for family who understand.

I'm blessed that my dear husband, Roger, is also a writer. While he focuses on the real (he's a newspaper reporter and columnist), he does understand the writer's mind and he's sympathetic to the voices that chatter in my head all day, sometimes screaming at me until I pay attention. Good thing, that!

Our youngest son, Paul, is also a fiction writer. He and I can meet to talk plots, characters, or to ask each other "What's wrong here?" when we stumble on a particular difficult block.

Other family members are also sympathetic, but I'm especially grateful today for these two, who make my writing life so much easier and richer. Thanks, Guys!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm grateful for my husband's support. Even though the mystery/suspense fiction I write isn't the type of thing he normally reads, he always reads my books and supports me in my writing.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions, complaints or compliments. We're all reading and writing together.